August 1, 2016

goals for 2016.

Hello there!


I know we are over halfway through the year, but I always think that, around this time of year, it's a good time to reflect on my aspirations, and really think about what I want to get out of the rest of this year. Sometimes we get lost in what is happening in our lives, so it's nice to really make some plans and refocus your energy! I like writing about my goals and plans for the year, not only because it helps me think things through but because it also holds me accountable for what I want to do, to make sure that I actually get it done! During the summer everyone wants to relax, but these months will fly by and I don't want them to be wasted! So I thought I would make a list and write down some goals for the rest of this year. A few months from now, in December, I will look back on this post, and hopefully I will have achieved some of the things I set out to do! For each goal, I will share some of my ideas for achieving this goal, and then make some more specific points about how I should get each thing done. If your goals are too vague, you won't feel like they can be accomplished, so be detailed and specific!

Write more // Since I have been home and have had more time on my hands, I have absolutely loved wiring on this blog and taking photos. It has been a great way for me to share my love for makeup with you all! I know, last year, that I was not very good at updating the blog, and when it was updated it was pretty random. So I want to make sure that, when I go back to school, I make more of an effort to blog, maybe once a week, to keep this blog relevant and alive and to keep sharing things with you all. I know when I don't blog I really miss it. However, until I go back to school, I have decided that I want to post at least three times a week. Sitting down and forcing myself to focus on writing content has become a really good exercise for me, and I think will reward me when I go back to school and I need to focus on school work. Sometimes I get in a bit of a rut, so I ignore the blog, but making myself commit to creating content has helped me exercise a lot of will power, and the feeling of accomplishment after I post content that I am really proud of is worth all the work! 

Read more //  Reading is something that I seriously love doing, but when I'm at school I never seem to have the time. I feel like I resented reading growing up because it was mandatory, and I was usually forced to read things that I really did not want to. But now that I am in college, I have found some amazing literature that I actually want to read. I think reading is so relaxing, and I have so many books sitting on my shelf that I want to get through! So I thought I would sit down once a week to read for an hour or two. I know it doesn't sound like much, but I think sitting down and reading will inspire me to keep reading and keep picking up more good books! And if I find an incredible book, I might share my thoughts on the blog too!

Travel more // This has been on my list for a while, but ever since I got back from Israel and England, I have gotten the travel bug and I have wanted to keep traveling as much as possible. Good news is, I already have plans! My friend and I are going to Arizona for a few days, and then I am flying back to LA to head up to Mammoth afterwards for the rest of the week. It's going to be a bit crazy, but I haven't been to Arizona or Mammoth in ages! Although these trips are not as exotic as my travels in June, for me traveling is more about exploring the world and expanding the mind, and I really just want to see and do as much as possible before I go back to school! Once I am back in DC, I want to visit some friends in Boston, and go to New York to see a friend at university. I haven't been to either place, and they are so close to DC, so next semester I am going to make a point to go and see friends, and explore the east coast!

Exercise more // This summer I have been doing a really good job at exercising almost every day; I love going to the gym, but I also love hiking and pilates! Getting my sweat on always feels so good, and I am starting to see results! Between eating healthy and working out, I have noticed that I am getting more toned, and I want to stick with this momentum and keep going! I know it will be hard to go to the gym very single day once I get back to school, but I want to make a serious effort and see how much I can do. I have also made a fitness calendar, where I document what I have done and when I have done it, so I can keep track of my workouts and stick to a schedule. Getting fit is definitely a journey, and I take it day by day. I don't expect results overnight, but I want to keep going to get stronger and healthier! If you want to see my fitness routine and tips, let me know!

Work more // This will be a big challenge for me once I get back to school. I certainly procrastinate when I need to get back to work, so next semester, with all my work and my busy internships and babysitting schedule, I want to make more time for work and less time for play. Sophomore year is an important year, and I need to take my work seriously. Being focused and diligent about my work is going to be super important, so I am promising myself that I will make a bigger effort to get all my work done, go above and beyond, and bulk up my resume. As motivation, I am grabbing a new planner for the year! I don't know about you, but a clean, beautiful planner is always good motivation for me to stay organized and do some of my best work!

Plan more // Getting a new planner will definitely be a part of my plans to be super organized. With my busy schedule, I will need to be! I will need a lot of sticky notes and colored pens, but I want to stay organized and be prepared, and plan ahead for anything I need to do. It does take some extra work, but I know in the long run I will thank myself ten times over. Whenever I forget to plan for something, or completely forget something altogether, I always wish I had written it down or taken a moment to plan what I needed to do, and given myself enough time to do it. Getting into a habit of planning is so good, so I want to start the year off right and be clean, prepared, and organized!

Explore more // Along with traveling more, I want to explore more! LA and DC are both amazing cities, and I still don't feel like I have seen everything. In DC there is so much to do, from going to cool restaurants to see amazing art at some cool museums, and I want to do it all! So I will try to do something new every week to see something in the city or go somewhere new. College is all about new experiences, and I want to make sure that I don't miss out on anything! As for LA, I want to do some exploring before I go back to school, so I want to make an effort to go to another museum or two before I leave, and eat more amazing food in Southern California! I have a list of things I want to do, and I need to start ticking stuff off! 

When we set goals for the whole year, sometimes we tend to lost track and things slip through the cracks. Making plans for six months, one month, or even one week is not only easier but also gives you a chance to be more realistic about your goals. So give it a try!

What are your goals for the rest of 2016?

xx BB